In this weekly blog, our own Emily Jeanes gives readers the lowdown on web apps that educators can use inside Haiku Learning. Emily is the very first Haiku Learning Sales Engineer. Edtech ninja, sci-fi writer, and proud transfer from our award-winning Client Services team, she brings with her a passion for researching, playing with and integrating awesome educational tools into Haiku Learning. Like Haiku Learning, she likes to think she plays well with others.
Just in time for the new school year, we've added 12 new apps to our Embed the Web library, in addition to the 42 we added this summer! We now have 225 total apps in our library — which gives you more choices to inject some web 2.0 into your class!
12 New Apps in our Embed the Web Library
- Buncee: Students and teachers alike can create free, engaging, multimedia presentations using Buncee. Add sound, embedded video, animation, or any of their adorable custom drawings! We also just did an App of the Week on Buncee!
- Gynzy: Create and embed interactive whiteboard activities using Gynzy!
- Knowmia: Use Knowmia's free iPad app to create classroom-ready video presentations and plan lessons, or search their inventory of wonderful, rated, subject-area-tagged lessons, made by teachers like you!
- Moovly: Students and teachers can create (then embed!) animated videos using Moovly, a "cloud-based digital media and content creation platform."
- Pathbrite: Pathbrite makes creating a beautiful web portfolio easy. Display achievement and work, then track analytics on hits, allow for comments, and more.
- Pixiclip: Pixiclip is "an online canvas that lets you communicate using a webcam or a mic." Record your sound, video, and onscreen writing, too!
- Random Name Selector: Need to pick a student at random from your class? Paste your class list into Primary Technology's Random Name Selector, then share and grab that embed code. You can even remove a student from the list after they've been selected!
- TodaysMeet: Give your students a voice with this backchannel chat platform. Designed with students and classrooms in mind, TodaysMeet gets you ready for synchronous discussion and collaboration.
- Twiddla: Twiddla is web-based whiteboarding collaboration tool. Surf the web, upload documents, chat with text and audio. All in your browser. All for free. Get twiddling!
- Vialogues: Talk about a conversation starter! Vialogues (video dialogues) allow you to upload or select videos from Youtube, then pose questions, have discussions, and even create polls all together.
- Vibby: Vibby is "the best way to highlight, share and discuss the best parts of any video." Explore their inventory, or upload and clip your own!
Keep an eye out for more updates like this on all of the new goodies in our Embed the Web Library!
Did you miss our new additions from the summer? They came in four batches. Catch up on them now:
Don't miss Emily's next app review! Subscribe to the Haiku Learning blog to keep up with all the latest from Haiku Learning.